Trailer of the Month

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids (2011)Competition between the maid of honor and a bridesmaid, over who is the bride's best friend, threatens to upend the life of an out-of-work pastry chef - IMBD

I know, this movie came out in 2011 starring Melissa McCartney, Kristin Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rebel Wilson, but I didn't believe in the hype of it. I mean gimme a break. I often times never watch these popular movies until long after the crazy behind the whole thing dies down. This movie was no different. Anyways, so I went in being highly skeptical about the whole thing and while I enjoyed it immensely, I didn't see what was such a huge deal about it. Sure, Melissa McCartney (Mike & Molly and The Heat) was hilarious and just priceless, and the storyline was somewhat original, but I'm not sure how Rebel Wilson's career took off after it for you barely saw her in the movie.

It was good for some laughs, of course, and some tears which brings me to the bit where Maya's character was supposed to be serious for a bit. I just...I don't know...I think the casting was a lil wonky there. I think Maya and Kristin should have switched characters. For some STRANGE reason, I cannot take Maya seriously at all. I am so used to seeing her in comedies.

But bottom line, would I watch this movie with a bunch of my girls while drinking wine and eat junk? Hell to the yes! It is just that funny.

Kato




No comments:

Post a Comment