Trailer of the Month

Saturday, November 23, 2013

What's Your Number?

A romantic comedy starring Anna Faris (The House Bunny) is a woman looking back at the past twenty men she's had relationships with in her life and wonders if one of them
might be her one true love.

This movie also stars Chris Evans (Captain America) which I have to admit is a perfect pairing because the two flows off each other amazingly. 

Now the movie is a simple enough concept and I have to admit I never want to see Anna Faris playing a serious role because it wouldn't sit well especially after The House Bunny. Sure, this movie isn't a stroke of genius. It's your typical romcom that you can pretty much tell how it's going to end (maybe it's the romance author in me but I could see the ending the moment Chris Evan's character, Colin, is introduced. 

The bottom line is, I didn't expect Citizen Kane brilliance. I expected a few laughs, a few moment when I cringed and think was that TRULY necessary?  and other moments where I just shook my head with a quick roll of my eyes. Though I have to say strip basketball was something I never thought of before.   What I expected going in was what I got from this movie. I was shocked at a few more laughs than I expected but that is always a good thing. For the holidays or if you're stuck in an airport because they decided your flight is going to be late or your plane hasn't even arrived yet, this won't be a waste of time - it would be an amusing pass time.

Hugs,
Kato

No comments:

Post a Comment