Trailer of the Month

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Intolerable Cruelty

Title: Intolerable Cruelty
Starring: Catherine Zeta-Jones, George Clooney, Billy Bob Thorton, Geoffery Rush, Cedric The Entertainer

Story: A revenge-seeking gold digger marries a womanizing Beverly Hills lawyer with the intention of making a killing in the divorce.

My Review:
Let me start by saying this--Not a big George Clooney fan. But I adore Mr. Rush so as I sat at home fighting sleep, I decided to watch this movie. I don't even know why--oh right, there was nothing else on television. Day time television is God awful these days. So rather than killing brain cells on Maury, I decided on watching this movie.   The movie was okay. It had moments where I simply sat there, blinking at the screen, wondering why in heaven's name I was waisting timewatching but by the end, I didn't feel like "oh that's an hour of my life I'll never get back." I was left with a chuckle which is a good thing. 

Clooney was the same old, same old in this movie. The same voice, same vision, same old George.  I wasn't really surprised.  He had a few good moments but other than that I had to say "yawn."

Catherine Zeta-Jones wasn't as good as I know she can be in this. She was a tad stiff.  Geoffery Rush was amazing. I couldn't stop laughing with him.  I didn't think he could be that hilarious since the first time I knew about him was in Pirates and he scared the bijesus out of me.  But he was amazing. This was a Cohen brother creation so that should tell you everything.  It is nothing like their recent stuff but I guess they had to build.  This movie isn't something I would say rush out and get--but it's a movie that would be fun to pass a lazy sunday evening with.  So watch Intolerable Cruelty but do not put too much brain power into it.

Hugs,
Kato

No comments:

Post a Comment