Trailer of the Month

Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Top 5 Old school Action flicks!

The other day my niece came over and I was stunned when I made a Commando joke and she had no idea what I was talking about. I blinked at her in disbelief before going to Netflix and looking up Commando with Arnold Schwarzenegger aka The Govenator and Alyssa Milano and off we got to watch it. While I watched the familiar antics of Arnie and the stupid bad guys who would dare mess with him and his daughter - I mean the man is ex-military, built like a brick house and with a last name of MATRIX!

Anyways, it all got me thinking of my top five old school action movies. So here goes.


5. Platoon - A young recruit in Vietnam faces a moral crisis when confronted with the horrors of war and the duality of man - (IMDB). Sure it's not really action, action per say but come on. This had to be on my list somewhere.









4. Commando - A retired elite Black Ops Commando launches a one man war against a group of South American criminals who have kidnapped his daughter to blackmail him into starting a revolution and getting an exiled dictator back into power - (IMDB)....Nuff said.








3. True Lies - Harry Tasker is a secret agent for the United States Government. For years, he has kept his job from his wife, but is forced to reveal his identity and try to stop nuclear terrorists when he and his wife are kidnapped by the terrorists - (IMDB)This movie had it all. Action, comedy and Arnie! Then to top it all off Jamie Lee Curtis is in it! She had me rolling.






2. Under Seige - A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they seize control of a US Navy battleship - (IMDB)This was Steven Seagall's best movie EVAR! I mean come on, this was before they allowed Stevie boy to write and direct his own crap. Now his movies just suck! And to make it better? Tommy Lee Jones was in it as the crazy bad guy! Oh! And don't forget Gary Busey in a dress - come on! What beats that?






1. Enter the Dragon - A martial artist agrees to spy on a reclusive crime lord using his invitation to a tournament there as cover - (IMBD) - Come on - It's Bruce Lee! I mean sure Chuck Norris is the master but without Mr. Lee there'd be no What Would Chuck Norris Do! *runs around doing karate chops*

No comments:

Post a Comment